I’m a list maker. Things to do today, things to do this week, things to do this year… I tend to chronicle these items in a bullet format. Normally, lists are associated with highly productive and organized people, and while I don’t necessarily view myself that way (I’m the girl who is tortured by the laundry that desperately needs to be done, but still can’t seem to make myself do it…), I definitely think that making lists takes me one giant step closer to that end of the spectrum. Where I’d be without lists, I don’t want to know.
Anywho, I have a bucket list. I believe I originally wrote this when I was sixteen years old, braving the highs and lows of high school. A couple of things have been accomplished since then, and a few things have been added. So, with no further ado, behold, the list of things that I aim to do with my one wild life.
Go skydiving. I did this, and it was a glorious experience! I would do it again in a heartbeat. To those of you who think that skydiving sounds like a nightmare, let me comfort you with this: while that one moment of allowing your body to fall out of the plane and into the air goes against every instinct you have within you, the rest of the experience is sheer exhilaration and beauty. It’s a thrill, and it’s a fool-proof way to keep yourself from forgetting that you are alive to LIVE!
- Visit Hawaii.
- Visit Africa.
- Explore Europe.
- Live/work abroad for an extended amount of time.
Get married.Did this five months ago, and I’m continually reminded of how glad I am.
Learn the Jai Ho dance.Done. Trust me, no documentation necessary.
- Act on television. Am I allowed to remove an item from my bucket list? Because I’m tempted to do that with this one. No longer am I the girl that dreams of the day when I get my big break on Disney channel…
- Read the entire Bible, all the way through. This one excites me. Perhaps I’ll take this one on sooner rather than later…
- Get a tattoo. I’ve always known I’d do it someday, and I feel that day coming closer! Tim already has three fantastic ones, so I have some catching up to do! (Don’t worry, parents and grandparents… I’ll take it one at a time. Baby steps, right?)
- Scuba dive.
- Go white water rafting.
Get bangs.Been there. I enjoyed it, but maintaining it was a different story for this curly-headed gal.
- Help someone out in a massive way.
- Reach my peak physical condition. Fitness is such a joy in my life, but I think I still have more in me!
- Sell a piece of my artwork.
- Have children. Adopted…biological…maybe both…
- Spontaneously go on a huge trip.
Hitch hike.(Sorry mom. When at The Hangout Festival…) Have blonde hair.Yes, two years of my life were spent in that condition.
- Cook a gourmet meal.
Bake bread from scratch.Did that, but sadly have no photo as proof. (It looked very loaf-of-breadish.) I guess that means I should do it again.
- Dye my hair, or part of my hair, a crazy color.
- Stay close and involved with family. That matters.
- Become a daily tea drinker. I guess I could just go ahead and start on that one…
Dedicate a day specifically to random acts of kindness.Oh, if only this had been documented. Just ask me about it sometime.
- Do the Camino de Santiago.
Paddle board.I’ve done this a few times with my guy in Austin, TX. It just doesn’t really get better than this view. (The guy, that is. And the scenery, too, I suppose.)
And with that, my friends, I leave you. My list is ever growing, so let me know if there’s something I’ve clearly forgotten. It feels silly to publish this post and not go on to accomplish one of these things right away, but it’s late, and I’m due for a Grey’s Anatomy catch-up session. Maybe I should add “watch every single episode of Grey’s Anatomy in a questionably short amount of time” to my bucket list, just to make myself feel better!