Seriously, guys, I’m blown away and very, very thankful for this sweet blogging community and the kind people who read and comment on each of my posts. I love connecting with you guys and reading your posts as well!
Thank you so much, Melzy, for nominating me for the Leibster Award! Essentially, the Liebster Award is a fun and encouraging way for bloggers to connect and for new blogs to get discovered.
The Liebster Award Rules are as follows:
Thank your nominator for being awesome!
Share the award on your blog.
Answer the 10 questions asked to you.
Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees.
Notify them via social media!
So, without further ado, I shall proceed to answer the 10 questions given to me!
- When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging back in my middle school/early high school days, as a way to document what was happening in my life. Many of those posts were pretty silly. Through high school and most of college, blogging was nothing more than that for me; just using words to record my life. But I started Soul Palette with not only the intention of documentation, but also with the intention of growing my photography and writing skills, and connecting with other people.
- What is the reason behind your blog name? On this blog, you’ll find honest tidbits straight from the soul. As an art student with a love for painting, I found the word “palette” to be a relevant way to describe the mixing and mashing of thoughts, events, and emotions (as opposed to pigments) that are sure to be published on this blog as time passes!
- Describe yourself in 3 words Thankful, hopeful, and curious!
- What does your typical Friday night entail? It often entails a hangout of some sort (including food) with friends, which I always love. It usually ends with me and my hubby, cuddled on the couch, watching our favorite TV show.
- What is your opinion on the increasing number of reality TV shows? I’m honestly not surprised by it; people are always looking to relate to others in some way, and reality shows are an indirect way to do that! I’m not a big reality TV show watcher myself. Give me all the dramas!
- What posts do you wish to see more of in the blogging world? I love seeing photos of bloggers in their natural habitats, doing the things of life with the people they love. I want to know the real you!
- What posts do you wish to see less of in the blogging world? I wish to see less hate in the blogging world. I haven’t experienced much hate personally, but I know for a fact that its out there, and that’s so unfortunate to me. Let people be who they are! If you don’t like it, go elsewhere- but ideally, lets all be friends!
- If you could choose a different country to live in, which would you choose and why? This is impossibly hard, so here’s one of the many countries I’d love to live in: France. I’d choose France for the culture, the food, and the fact that I could easily travel around Europe from there!
- Do you have any goals you which to achieve this year? What are they? Yes! I’d like to continue clean eating and improving my health. I’d like to become more disciplined in spending time reading the Bible. I’d like to be intentional in forming new friendships, and I’d also like to continue to grow this blog!
- What is the most adventures thing you’ve ever done? Hmm. Skydiving, possibly? I also ate octopus one time, but it didn’t taste that weird, so I feel like that doesn’t count. Honestly though… just the fact that I am married to Tim guarantees a life of adventure, and I love that!
- If you could go back and change 1 thing in your life, what would you change? I would go back and use gentle words in times when I used harsh ones.
I’d like to nominate these bloggers for the Leibster Award:
Thanks so much for nominating me, Melzy! And thanks for reading, friends!! xoxo